Miller County Service Academy Night
Service Academy Information Nights will be hosted at high schools across the Fourth District of Arkansas, Congressman Bruce Westerman (R-Hot Springs) announced Tuesday (Feb. 16). The events provide students and parents information on the application, nomination, selection, and appointment processes at the United States’ five service academies.
In addition to information on nominations, representatives from each of the following academies will be present to give a short orientation and to answer questions:
- The United States Military Academy at West Point, New York;
- The United States Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland;
- The United States Coast Guard Academy at New London, Connecticut;
- The United States Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, New York; and
- The United States Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Each academy appointment has an estimated value of over $400,000 and appointment is competitive. Each academy selects nominees on the basis of moral character, scholastic achievement, physical fitness, leadership, and college admission test scores.
Westerman encourages all interested students to attend.